Feature walls are an excellent way to help bring a pop of colour or a splash of charm to any home environment. Whether you want to make a style statement or are simply looking to break up your existing colour scheme, our handy guide is here to help inspire your next DIY project.
Block Colours and Desirable Designs
The possibilities are endless, from textured to weaved, vinyl to paint when choosing the perfect wallpaper for your desired surface. For those looking to break up their walls with something a little more poignant, then why not opt for one of these simple yet stunning designs:
- Block Colours - If you're after something that's both bold and beautiful, then a simple block colour is bound to bring a pop of colour to any living area with ease. After something a little more subtle? Why not opt for designs with subtle texturing to help offset the rest of your decor.
- Wood and Brick Inspired - A great way to help add a touch of charm to your desired wall, wood-inspired designs are sure to stand out. Perfect for use as a background for floating shelves and mirrors, this type of design is sure to help bring a sense of added warmth to your home. For those looking to add a more rustic style to their walls, why not opt for a brick-inspired design?
- Geometric Patterns - Great for those after something with a little more depth, geometric wallpapers are perfect for creating a feature wall with a modern twist. When paired with more subtle tones, bold geometric designs are guaranteed to draw attention, making them the perfect choice for open and airy living spaces.
If you're feeling a little more adventurous when it comes to decorating, then mural-style wallpapers are sure to impress. With a wide array of designs available here at The Range, such as cityscapes and even scenic styles, now's the perfect time to switch up your style.
Seeking something to help create an industrial-inspired vibe? A design such as the Concrete Block Mural Wallpaper is a simple backdrop that will undoubtedly complement stylish storage accessories with an industrial aesthetic.
If you're looking for a way to include a natural charm, then why not opt for realistic and vibrantly coloured designs that will bring the beauty of nature straight into your home.
As with any DIY project, it's paramount that you're equipped with the right tools for the job before you begin. When it comes to wallpapering, must-have accessories include items such as wallpaper adhesive, durable brushes and rollers and even additional tools such as scrapers and sanders.
Feature Wall Top-Tips
Feature walls offer the perfect opportunity to experiment with various colours and patterns. A relatively easy and cost-effective way to liven up your home without the hassle of having to completely re-decorate, here are some of our Top Tips when it comes to upgrading your existing walls.
- Consider the option of paint if you don't feel like wallpaper would suit your desired surface. Both straightforward and inexpensive, paint can easily be applied (and removed) to your feature wall without making such a big commitment (as opposed to wallpapering).
- Always make sure your chosen wallpaper complements your existing colour scheme. There's nothing worse than a colour-clash, so be sure to double-check that your favourite design fits in well with your decor.
- It's best to add a feature wall to a spacious and well-lit room. Choosing to add a feature wall to a small room will only make it look even smaller, so it's best to cover all the walls if you fancy a change in colours.
- Random selection is not the best way to establish which wall is best for a feature wall. Always make sure you choose walls that highlight a room's existing focal point - i.e. a wall behind the mantel, behind the television, or even behind the headboard in a bedroom.
- Don't just stick to wallpaper and paints when creating a feature wall! Materials such as stone and reclaimed wood also make great options for texturising a feature wall.
From fabulous floral prints to marvellous murals, here at The Range our extensive selection of wonderful wallpapers are sure to help liven up your living area, bedroom, or hallway with ease. Not sure where to start? Check our handy Guide to Buying Wallpaper or our handy tips on How to Prep a Room for Wallpaper.
Inspiration for your home