We are currently trialling Click & Collect in across the UK with more coming soon. Find out below which stores are currently offering Click & Collect.
If you didn’t already know, July is officially known as National Picnic Month! Although that might seem ages away, summer will creep up on us before we know it, so now's a good time to start thinking of how you'll be able to pull off a legendary picnic in style.
Celebrating Picnic Month is a simple and down-right scrumptious way to enjoy the wonders of the outdoors. No matter whether you’re choosing to explore your local hometown, neighbouring beach, or even a patch of flourishing woodland, we all know how tricky it can be to cater to everyone. Here’s a rundown of our essential items and two simple yet delicious recipes that are guaranteed to get lips smacking at your next chequered-blanket rollout:
Taking only 30 mins to prep and cook ahead of a spectacular Summer feast, this colourful salad is sure to bring a flare of Mediterranean flavour to any picnic party.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Tsp Oregano (Fresh or Dried)
- 200g Can of Cherry Tomatoes
- 100g Roasted Red Pepper (Jar)
- 300g New Potatoes
- 25g Black Olives (Sliced)
- Handful Basil Leaves (Loosely Chopped)
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onion. Cook until soft (approx. 5-10 mins). Add the garlic and oregano. Cook for approx. 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and sliced peppers. Season to taste and leave to simmer gently for approx. 10 minutes.
2. In a separate saucepan, boil the potatoes in salted water for approx. 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain well and mix with the sauce. Sprinkle with olives and the loosely chopped basil. (Although best served hot, this dish can still be served chilled)
Great for dunking tortilla chips and pre-cut veggie chunks into, this quick and easy recipe is even guaranteed to keep the kids happy.
- 400g Can of Cannellini Beans
- 200g Feta Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 3 Tbsp Chopped Dill/Mint/Chives
1. Drain and rinse the cannellini beans. Blend the beans, feta, lemon juice, and garlic until smooth in consistency. Add the chopped dill, mint, or chives and season with black pepper to taste.
With your delicious dishes to hand, keeping food items fresh and chilled is paramount for achieving the perfect picnic – nobody likes a warm dessert! Cool Bags are designed to help regulate temperatures, whereas baskets are an effective way to help transport your goods from A to B with ease.
Depending on your chosen hang-out, blankets or camping chairs are sure to help add a layer of cushioned comfort. Great for use on surfaces including sand and stoned flooring, picnic blankets with a waterproof base are sure to help outdoor adventurers make the most of the British Summer!
Although picnics are often about tucking in with your fingers, disposable plastic and paper cups, plates, and cutlery is a fool-proof and stress-free alternative to dishing out your finest crockery. Lightweight and easy to dispose of, serving scrumptious snacks has never been easier. If you’re looking for a way to mop up messy spills or mucky faces, then napkins are an absolute feasting essential!
A great way for families, friends, and even little ones to challenge each other (competitiveness not essential), outdoor games such as badminton, cricket, and even Frisbee are sure to provide hours of entertainment. For those looking to liven up their picnic with chart-topping hits or laid-back melodies, then wireless speakers are sure to hit the perfect note.
Don’t let the picnic bugs bite! If you’re planning on pitching up a picnic in the evening or even in areas prone to pesky insects, then citronella candles and ambient lighting is sure to help keep the biters at bay.