It’s time to dust off the cobwebs of winter and prepare your home for the arrival of spring and summer. If you’re looking around your home and find yourself unsure of where to start when it comes to this traditional annual clean, then we have the ultimate Spring Cleaning Checklist to help you out.
2. Wash your window interiors.
3. Remove and wash all soft furnishings. Alternatively, if your cushions, pillows, and throws are beyond their best, invest in new ones. Soft furnishings accumulate sweat and grime over time and frequent use of unwashed ones can be bad for your skin, as well as making your home look untidy.
4. Declutter and organise all drawers and cabinets.
5. Organise your wardrobe. As the change of seasons approach, it’s a good idea to keep your Spring and Summer clothes near the front of your wardrobe for easy access and better outfit planning.
6. Wipe down doors, doorknobs, and skirting boards.
8. Move and clean under heavy furniture and appliances.
9. Clean and organise your fridge, freezer, and kitchen cupboards. I’m sure that these areas of the kitchen took a lot of love and use over the festive period, so now is a good time to clean and organise them. Throw away anything past its use-by or donate anything you know you won’t eat. If you plan on donating, make sure the food is unopened and has not passed its use-by date. Click here to discover a local foodbank near you for more information.
10. Clean your oven and microwave.
11. Flip or rotate your mattress. Flipping your mattress helps to distribute your weight more evenly, making the mattress last longer and help you sleep better!
13. Tidy and organise your garden. As warmer weather begins to creep in, it’s nice to have a relaxing space outside ready and waiting for you. If your garden is overgrown, unloved, and generally looking sad, now is a good time to prepare it for spring. Plant flowers for summer, throw away any garden waste, trim any trees or bushes, and clean your patio furniture.
If you're looking for more Spring Cleaning hints and tips then check out our Guide to an Almost Painless Spring Clean to make yourself the King or Queen of Clean.