Create some gruesome but delicious treats for your household this Halloween. These make fantastic additions to any kids buffet, and will certainly gross out adults too. They might look grizzly, but these recipes are delicious and simple to make, adding some spooky fun to your dinner table.
200g white chocolate
Dark chocolate chips
Wooden lollipop sticks
1. Peel the bananas and slice in half.
2. Gently melt the white chocolate in a bowl. This can be done by bringing a saucepan of water to the boil, and placing a bowl above it, making sure it doesn’t touch the water. Put the white chocolate into this bowl and gently simmer the water until the chocolate has melted.
3. Once the chocolate has melted, place the lollipop sticks into the end of the bananas, and dip into the white chocolate mixture.
4. Place onto a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper.
5. Pop on the chocolate drops for eyes and a mouth, before placing in the freezer for a couple of hours.
Lychees in syrup
Strawberry or raspberry jam
1. Drain the syrup from the lychees, placing the lychees in a bowl.
2. Take each lychee, and add a dollop of jam where the stone would usually be.
3. Add a blueberry to this hole before placing on a serving plate.
4. As the excess syrup runs out of the lychee, it will ‘bleed’ jam, creating gruesome looking eyeballs!
Hot Dog Buns
1. Cook the hot dogs. Once cooled slightly, take a small, sharp knife and on one end of the sausage, carefully peel away the skin in a nail shape. You can also add little slits halfway down to resemble knuckles.
2. Toss in a little bit of tomato sauce to resemble blood, and add to the hot dog bun.
(Optional: Add flaked almonds to look like long nails)
500ml cranberry juice
Juice of 2 limes
2. To make it extra gruesome, add jelly worms and snake sweets. Or, fill a rubber glove with water, tie with a hair band and freeze. Once frozen, take off the rubber and put the ‘hand print’ into the punch.
Once you've finished your spooky snacks and bites, add to the fabulous and frightful feel by laying them on a decorated table. Browse our full Halloween collection to find some gruesome and ghoulish accessories for your home over the haunting season.