Designed to help keep you feeling well-fuelled for longer, these delicious recipes are guaranteed to help friends, family members, and loved ones tuck into something truly scrumptious this Winter. As the weather starts to crispen and the frost starts to settle, there's nothing better than serving up something wonderfully warming to help you sit back, relax, and unwind in true seasonal style.
1. In a bowl, sift the flour with a pinch of salt and pepper, then create a small well where you can put 2 tbsp of olive oil.
2. Slowly add the water, gently mixing together until you have a thick, non-sticky dough.
3. Knead on a floured surface and rest in a bowl with a drizzle of the remaining oil for ten minutes and pre-heat the oven to 220°C.
4. Once rested, split and shape the dough into your pizzas on to a baking tray or pizza tray and bake for around 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and flip the breads over. Now add your pizza sauce, mozzarella and any other toppings.
6. Bake for a further 10 minutes until the cheese has melted and all the toppings are cooked through.
Filled with flavours, fresh greens, and hearty vegetables, this delicious recipe is designed to serve 4.
1. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add in the sausages and cook for approximately 5 minutes or until browned all over. Remove from the pan and set aside on a plate.
2. Add the chopped onion, celery, carrot, and garlic into the pan. Cook over a medium-high heat for approximately 10 minutes or until softened and lightly golden. Return the sausages to the pan. Add the 400g tin of chopped tomatoes, stock, and smoked paprika. Season to taste and stir. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
3. Stir in the cannellini beans and the sliced greens. Cover and leave to simmer for approximately 5 minutes or until the greens have softened. Spoon into bowls, season with black pepper, and serve.
1. Peel and slice the white and red onions in half lengthways. Lay down each half flat-side down and cut into strips approximately 1/4 wide. They will resemble semi-circles as they fall apart.
2. Heat both the butter and the olive oil on a medium/low heat until the butter has completely melted. Add in the onion and stir to coat, leaving them to cook for approximately 10 minutes or until they begin to get soft. After 10 minutes, increase the heat to a medium setting. Add in the sugar and stir the onions once every 10 minutes.
3. Keep stirring the onions every 10 minutes until approximately 1 hour has passed or the onions appear both brown and caramelised.
4. Add in the minced garlic, white wine, salt and peper to the onions and leave to cook for approximately 2 minutes. Pour in the vegetable stock, add the thyme and bay leaves, then leave to reduce and simmer on a low heat setting for approximately 1 hour.
5. Preheat the over to 175C. Spoon the soup into bowls, top with a slice of french bread and cover generously with gruyere cheese. Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, then switch to grill (broil) until the cheese begins to turn golden brown. Serve immediately.
Proving a great source of vitamins during the Winter months, this super-tasty recipe is designed to serve 4.
1. Heat the oven to 180C (Gas Mark 4). Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan. Fry the aubergine for approximately 5 minutes or until softened, then tip into a bowl.
2. Fry the mushrooms in the remaining oil for a few minutes or until golden brown, then mix with the aubergine and peppers. Spoon half of the vegetables into a 20x30cm baking dish. Spoon over the approximately half the passata, then arrange a layer of lasagne sheets on top.
3. Spread the remaining vegetable over the pasta sheet, cover with passata and another layer of pasta. Drain any excess liquid from the spinach and mix together with the ricotta and half of the parmesan.
4. Spoon over the top of the pasta, then sprinkle with the remaining pamersan and pine nuts. Cover with foil and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
5. Uncover, then bake for approximately another 10 minutes until browned. Serve with a crisp green salad.