Last Updated: 12/09/2015
These Terms and Conditions apply to all use of therange.co.uk (referred to as "website/site") including all transactions for the sale of goods on therange.co.uk.
Please read through these Terms and Conditions very carefully and we recommend that you print and keep a copy of these Terms and Conditions for future reference. We also recommend that you read through the Terms and Conditions of other services that you access through our website.
These Terms and Conditions may change at any time and any changes will take effect on the date they are posted on the Site. Please check for updated versions of these Terms and Conditions every time you visit the therange.co.uk.
These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
The Range Website is operated by CDS Superstores International (referred to as "The Range/we/us/our") and as a user of this website (referred to as "you/your") you fully agree with these Terms and Conditions even if you do not register with us. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions, do not use this website.
The dimensions displayed on our website are approximate but we do try our best to make sure they are as accurate as possible.
The product descriptions shown on our website are correct to the best of our knowledge, however if you find that there is a mistake in the description we would be grateful if you informed us of this error so we can amend it with immediate effect.
The product images displayed on our website are to our understanding a fair reflection of the physical products. However, we cannot guarantee that the appearance and colours of the products shown is an exact replica to the appearance and colours of the product itself.
The category images contained on our website are for display purposes only and we do not necessarily sell the products that feature within them.
If you are not the end-user you confirm that you have authority to bind any person or company on behalf of whom you are using our website.
Not all products that we sell in stores are available online and this is clearly stated in the products description. The Range stores sell up to 65,000 products laid out over many departments and trying to replicate this choice online would make it difficult to ensure ease and speed of use for you. Additionally, some products are not available online as we would be unable to guarantee that the item(s) would arrive in a satisfactory condition.
All products on our website are sold for domestic use only; if you purchase these products for business use you will not be entitled to the benefit of the warranties which usually apply.
We reserve the right to adjust prices, offers and specifications of goods before you order.
Login and registration
When you register with us you will be required to create an account password, which should be unique to this website in order to keep your personal information safe. You should not share your password with any other person or with multiple networks and it must be kept safe at all times.
If you believe that any of your user details have been compromised and/or are being accessed by a third party, please contact us immediately.
All personal details you provide during your registration must be accurate, true and current and you must notify us of any changes by contacting us via email or by calling us on 0345 026 7598 Monday – Friday between 9am and 5pm.
You confirm that you are not impersonating any other person or entity or using a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
You are not allowed to use therange.co.uk site to make any false or fraudulent orders.
We are entitled to provide the Police and/or any other regulatory or government authority who is investigating suspected illegal activities with your Personal Information and/or User Information, upon request.
- Delivery ServiceOrder ValuePrice
- Standard Lines£50.00+Free Delivery
- Furniture / Patio Lines£150.00+Free Delivery
Free UK Delivery
Free Delivery is available on all orders valued over the amount stated above. If your order is valued below these amounts, charges apply as detailed below.
Delivery charges – orders not qualifying for free delivery
- Delivery ServiceWeightPrice
(Monday – Friday, 8am-6pm)Up to 30kg£4.95
(Monday – Friday, 8am-6pm)30 – 50kg£12.95
(Monday – Friday, 8am-6pm)50kg+£19.95
We endeavour to dispatch orders within 3-5 working days, however in some circumstances, including medium and large items, it can take up to 7-14 working days to be dispatched.
If your order has not arrived after 14 days, please contact our customer services team on 0345 026 7598.
Direct Home Delivery
* For more information regarding delivery from suppliers please contact customer services.
* Working days are Monday - Friday.
Delivery of certain items may require a signature, the signature of the person accepting delivery at the delivery address will be proof that you or the person, to whom the order is addressed, has received the delivery.
Please note that if your order is made up of a combination of items, deliveries may be made separately.
More than one card can be used on each registered account. Only one card can be used per transaction.
Orders placed on this website can only be delivered to mainland UK. We regret that we cannot deliver to the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Orkney, Shetland and Scottish Islands, BFPO addresses, Northern or the Republic of Ireland.
For security purposes, please note that any orders placed over the telephone and any items purchased from our Technology & Media range of products will only be delivered to the billing address.
* Working days are Monday - Friday
Areas We Deliver To
We deliver to most postal areas in the UK, but we're sorry that geographical location and carrier availability can restrict our service.
Unfortunately, at this time, we are not able to deliver to the Isle of Man, Isles of Scilly, Channel Islands, BFPO addresses, Northern or Republic of Ireland or overseas.
We also reserve the right to refuse to deliver to addresses that we believe are not secure such as communal or PO Box addresses.
Unfortunetly at present we are unable to accept orders for delivery outside of the United Kingdom.
It is possible to have items sent to an address that is different to your billing address when placing an order online. However, for security purposes, any orders that are placed over the telephone and any items purchased from our Technology and Media range of products can only be delivered to the billing address that you provide us.
How We Deliver
We may use Royal Mail, Parcel Force, Interlink or Night Freight to deliver your order depending on the weight and size of the item(s) you have ordered.
Items that are delivered by Parcel Force, Interlink and Night Freight need to be signed for; if no one is available to sign for the items then a notification card will be left at the delivery address. To reclaim your item(s) contact the courier to either organise for you to collect the item or to arrange a suitable day for redelivery.
In some circumstances the items you order will be delivered separately due to items being stocked in different locations. However, if you are unsure or you have waited a week for your other item(s) to arrive then please contact email@example.com
Please check your delivered goods carefully and if they are damaged you need to notify The Range of any queries by contacting our customer service team on firstname.lastname@example.org
From time to time there may be products that are recalled by us to ensure the quality of the products you are receiving are to our high standard specification.
Should there be any Product Recalls of any items that you have purchased, we will email you direct to advise you on what action you should take.
You can pay for your online purchase using PayPal, MasterCard, Visa, Switch, Maestro, Delta, Solo, American Express and Visa Electron. You can also pay for your purchase over the telephone by calling our Web Customer Service Team on 0345 026 7598.
Payment is taken at the time of ordering after your order has been security checked.
You will be charged the current price for buying goods from our website at the date you place your order. All prices are displayed on our website and are inclusive of VAT, where applicable, at 20%. We reserve the right to amend prices if there is a change in the rate of VAT.
We do our best to ensure that prices are correctly shown but very occasionally an error may occur. If this should happen, we will correct that price and ask you to confirm whether you still wish to purchase the goods at the correct price. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled.
There may be circumstances in which prices of items sold online differ from those sold in stores but this will be due to special promotions or products not being brand new.
Prices that are reduced for sales and promotional reasons are only valid for the period specified.
Refunds, Returns and Cancellations
We recommend that you keep your receipt or order number in a safe place, as you will need it as proof of purchase in the event of any after-sales query. Your order number can be found on your dispatch note received with your delivery and your email confirmation.
Under the Consumer Contracts Regulation, you have a right to cancel your order for any item purchased on The Range website before despatch and receive a full refund. This does not apply to items personalised or made to your specification.
After your order has been received or dispatched and you would like to cancel, just contact us within 14 calendar days from the day after the delivery of your item(s), quoting your order number. You must take reasonable care of the item(s) and must not use them. Refunds will be processed upon receipt of the goods or upon evidence that the goods have been returned. The refund amount can be reduced if goods are returned and show evidence of use beyond handling to see if the goods are as expected.
Where goods within the same order are delivered at different times, the cancellation period will commence as of the day after delivery of the last item.
If you wish to return an item for any reason you need to notify The Range within 14 calendar days from the day after delivery by contacting our customer support team on email@example.com
When returning an item to us it is your responsibility to ensure that the item is packaged properly and carefully so that no damage is caused to the item. Failure to do so may result in your collection/return being refused and/or any refund due being reduced. If you are returning goods due to change of mind then they must be returned/collected in a re-saleable condition or refunds/exchanges may not be accepted.
Where returns have been completed without prior notification and authorisation from the Web Customer Service Team, or if the item is untraceable, refunds cannot be provided. The burden of proof is that of the consumer to prove an item has been returned and to ensure it is returned safely. If returns are made at your own cost, without prior notification and authorisation from the Web Customer Service Team, any return costs will be non-reimbursable.
If a product you have ordered develops a fault then please email our firstname.lastname@example.org who will investigate the matter. In order to allow this investigation to take place we will require your order number and photographs of any issues. If we find that the product is faulty due to no fault of your own then we will arrange a collection and a replacement or refund depending on the situation.
If we find that the product has developed a issue due to misuse, wear and tear, or accidental damage by you then we are under no obligation to replace the item or issue you with a refund.
In the case of electrical items which develop a fault you must contact us within 12 months of purchase in order for us to investigate the situation and decide whether or not you are eligible to receive a replacement or a full refund based on the above terms.
If you have any other concerns or queries about the product(s) you have ordered through The Range Website then please contact our email@example.com who will endeavor to assist you with the matter.
Missing, Damaged or Incomplete Orders
If your order arrives damaged or incomplete please contact us immediately and we will deal with it accordingly.
If you do not receive your order within 14 working days of receiving a 'Despatch Confirmation' email you must contact us where we will then open an investigation with the appropriate courier.
If a refund is required due to a product being returned to us we will only issue that refund once we have received the returned product. Refunds will be processed within 14 calendar days of receipt of the returned item(s)
Refunds can take 5-7 working days* to clear.
Your Statutory Rights
Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, you have a right to cancel your order for any item purchased on this website and receive a full refund. This does not apply to items which are personalised or made to your specification.
To cancel, you can email us by filling out a contact us form or call us on 0345 026 7598 (Monday – Friday, 8am – 6pm Sat – Sun 9am – 5pm) within 14 calendar of delivery of your item(s), quoting your order number. You must take reasonable care of the item(s) and must not use them.
For more information on your statutory rights, please contact your local Trading Standards Office (www.tradingstandards.gov.uk), Citizens Advice Bureau (www.citizensadvice.org.uk) or visit www.consumerdirect.gov.uk.
*Working days are Monday – Friday, excluding Bank Holidays.
Liability and Indemnity
The products which therange.co.uk site sells are intended for domestic purposes only and we are not liable for the fitness of goods used for business purposes, nor are we liable in any circumstances for the cost or any losses arising from the use of the item in the event of a claim for breach of warranty or condition.
In the event that we are held responsible for any loss or damage in regards to a product, our aggregate liability shall be limited to a sum equal to the amount paid by you for that product.
We try our utmost to keep your details and payment secure, but unless we are negligent, we are not responsible for any unauthorised access to any details provided by you.
We are not liable for any delay or failure to deliver or perform any obligation that is specified in these terms and conditions when the reason for delay or failure is due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
You are not allowed to assign or sub-contract any of your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions.
Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability which may not be limited or excluded under appropriate law.
We try to keep the website content accurate, up to date and error free but cannot guarantee that errors will be corrected or that the server on which the site is hosted is free of bugs or viruses. We will not be held responsible for any material or content that is lost when uploading or transmitting through our website.
We try to ensure that the website is available at all times, however you may occasionally be restricted access to therange.co.uk to allow for repairs, maintenance or for the introduction of new facilities or services but we will try our best to get the website up and running as soon as we can.
We are not responsible for other websites or services that are linked to therange.co.uk, and if you choose to access a website or service through therange.co.uk it is your responsibility to read and act in accordance with their Terms and Conditions.
We are not liable for any loss or damage of any kind relating to your use of therange.co.uk or other services and websites you access through our site.
We are not liable for any breach of these terms and conditions by you or any other liabilities relating to your use of this website, or the use by any other person accessing the website using your shopping account and/or your personal information.
You are not allowed to (including aiding a third party to) interfere with our systems, restrict or inhibit the use or enjoyment of the website for anyone else, nor are you allowed to use it for any activities that breach any laws, standards, content requirements or codes published by any relevant authority or circulate any material that is of a threatening, harmful, vulgar, abusive, obscene, unlawful, harassing or libellous nature.
A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions shall have no right under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any provision of these terms and conditions unless otherwise stated in the appropriate law.
If any claim is made by any third party that your use of therange.co.uk site is defamatory, offensive or abusive, of an obscene or pornographic nature, is illegal or constitutes a breach of any applicable law, regulation or code of practice, or if your use of therange.co.uk site infringes that third party’s copyright or intellectual property then you agree to fully indemnify us against all losses, liabilities, costs and expenses suffered or incurred by us and all damages awarded against us by a court of competent jurisdiction.
Any reviews on products posted on therange.co.uk are the expression of opinions by individuals and do not represent the views of therange.co.uk.
We reserve the right to refuse any reviews or remove any posted views from our website at any time and for any reason.
If you breach these terms and conditions CDS The Range reserves the right within a reasonable period to pursue its rights and remedies against you but if it waives the right to do so it may take action in any future situation where you are in breach.
We reserve the right to suspend or cancel your account with us at any time if you breach any of your obligations under these terms and conditions or for any other reason that we see fit.
If we waive a right in these terms and conditions it will not necessarily be waived in the event of any future breach of that or any other provision.
If a section of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable by the applicable authority or does not conform with the appropriate law, it does not affect the validity or enforceability of any other sections of these terms and conditions.
Materials on the therange.co.uk site are only appropriate and available for use in locations within the United Kingdom and accessing the site from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is strictly prohibited. If you access therange.co.uk site from locations outside the UK where its contents are illegal or unlawful then you do so at your own risk and are solely responsible for the consequences.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and any disagreement between us will be resolved solely in the courts of England and the only language offered is English.
You may retrieve and display the contents of therange.co.uk site on a computer screen and you may use, download or make one hard copy of an extract from therange.co.uk site or store such content in electronic form on disk for your personal, non-commercial, use only, on the condition that all copyright, trademark and proprietary notices contained in the original material from the website are kept intact.
You are not allowed to reproduce, alter or distribute any contents of therange.co.uk site, including storing it on a server or any other storage device that is connected to a network.
You are not allowed to reproduce, alter, download, copy or distribute any extracts from therange.co.uk site for commercial use.
No license is granted to you in these Terms and Conditions to use any trademark of CDS The Range or any of its partners unless you have prior written consent from the applicable authority.
You are not allowed to create a link to this website without prior written consent from CDS The Range.
Some of the products we sell on our website have an age restriction placed upon them which are clearly displayed within the products definition. As it is an offence to attempt to buy an age restricted product when under the required age, by ordering such products you are confirming that you are of the required age to receive and use the product ordered.
It is also an offence to attempt to purchase any such product on behalf of an under age third party. Therefore any person ordering a product for a third party certifies that the intended recipient of the order is of the appropriate age to receive and use the product ordered.
You must agree to the following terms and conditions before purchasing a Gift Certificate:
- Gift certificates bought online may only be redeemed at our website towards the purchase of products listed in our online catalogue.
- Gift certificates bought in store can only be used in store and not for the purpose of purchasing goods on our website.
- You cannot use a gift certificate to purchase another gift certificate.
- The gift certificate has a cash redemption value of 0.001p and is not transferable or assignable.
- Gift certificates cannot be cancelled by the purchaser of the gift certificate once they have been redeemed in part or in full.
- Any unused balance will be placed in the recipient's account and is not transferable. Your balance can be viewed at any time in the 'My Account' section of our website.
- If the order exceeds the amount of the gift certificate, the balance must be paid by credit or debit card.
- The gift certificate must be redeemed before the expiry date that appears on the certificate.
- Gift certificates and unused portions of gift certificates expire one year from the date of issue. Once the certificate has expired we are unable to extend the expiry date.
- Our normal terms and conditions apply to all purchases except where they conflict with these terms and conditions.
If you cancel an order for any item you have purchased by redeeming your gift certificate, your account will be credited with the amount redeemed. If you redeemed your gift certificate in part payment of any item, your account will be credited with the amount redeemed.
We will have the right to close customer accounts and request alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained gift certificate is either redeemed through our website or is redeemed and used to make purchases on our site.
Please check that you have correctly entered the recipient's email address as we cannot redirect or refund Gift Certificates which have been redeemed by the wrong person on your instructions.
Free Delivery Promotion
This promotion applies only to standard delivery. Free delivery refers to home delivery orders placed on www.therange.co.uk only. If a standard item is purchased, £4.95 will be automatically deducted from the total spend. This promotion does not apply to furniture and outdoor living products.
1. This promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 year and over, excluding employees of the promoter, their families, agents and any other person professional connected with this offer.
2. There is 1 prize of £250 worth of vouchers for in-store or online use. 1 winner a month will be chosen at random for all submitted addresses. The winner will be notified after the draw and will be asked to provide a UK address and contact number for delivery of their prize. If the winner does not respond to this notification within 7 days they are forfeiting their right to the prize.
3. The winner’s prize will be send to the address provided. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into, except with the winner. The promoter is not responsible in the event that the winner does not receive their prize.
4. The Range reserves the right to amend or suspend the promotion at any time without giving advance notice.
5. In submitting their name and email address, all applicants of this promotion have provided The Range with details that can be used for promotional purposes.
6. By participating in this customer survey, applicants are deemed to have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
The Gift Card can only be used to purchase products in The Range store, exclusions may apply. The value of the card cannot be exchanged wholly or partly for cash. The Gift Card will expire after 18 months of consecutive non-use and any remaining balance will be deleted. The Gift Card needs to be treated as cash and The Range are unable to replace lost or stolen cards. When products are purchased using a Gift Card, no change will be given in cash. Any value remaining can be used towards another purchase. If a purchase is made with a higher value than the Gift Card, the difference will need to be paid in full. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights. The Gift Cards have a minimum load value of £5 and a maximum of £500. The Card does not act as proof of purchase and is not a cheque guarantee card or credit card.
1. The promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 years and over, excluding employees of The Range, their families, agents and any other person professionally connected with this offer.
2. To enter, participants should complete the online entry form
3. Entries must be submitted between 9.00am on 13th July 2015 and midnight on 31st July 2015. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
4. Only one entry per person.
5. There is one prize to be won, a Festival Pack comprising of: Black Festival Trolley, 300ml Carabiner Cup, Blue Motion Sac Sleeping Bag, 700ml Water Bottle and Orb Light 1W Bulb. The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries on 29th July 2015 and will be notified by email and asked to confirm their UK address and contact number for delivery of their prize. If a winner does not respond to this notification within 7 days, The Range reserves the right to select an alternative winner at random from all remaining valid entries, with the originally selected winner forfeiting their right to the prize.
6. The winners will receive their prizes at the addresses provided within 28 days of notification. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into, except with the winners. The Range is not responsible in the event that a winner does not receive notification as a winner or delivery of their prize as a result of having provided an incorrect/incomplete address.
7. Each prize is as stated, is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. The Range reserves the right to award alternative prizes of equal or greater value, should the advertised prizes become unavailable for any reason. Compliments Vouchers will be subject to the Issuer's Terms and Conditions of Use.
8. The Range reserves the right to amend or suspend the promotion at any time without giving advance notice in the event of circumstances beyond its control which impact on entrants' ability to participate in the promotion in accordance with these terms and conditions. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
9. By participating in this promotion, applicants have provided The Range with their name and email address. The Range reserves the right to use all applicants details for promotional purposes. Promotion winners may be required to take part in publicity in relation to The Range and/or the promotion.
10. The winners' details (names and counties only) will be available for 4 weeks only by sending an SAE to The Range Website Winners, Tamar House, Thornbury Road, Estover, Plymouth, PL6 7PT after 16th March 2015.
11. The Range is not responsible or liable for any entries that fail to be received or are delayed due to faulty or failed electronic data transmissions. Proof of submitting an entry is not proof of receipt by The Range.
12. The promotion and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales and shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of or in connection with this offer.
Promoter: The Range,Tamar House,Thornbury Road, Estover, Plymouth,PL6 7PT
The Range Website is operated by:
- CDS Superstores International Tamar House
- Thornbury Road
- PL6 7PT
Registered in England at Companies House Number 2699203.
VAT Number 591272335.