Collection and Storage of Information
We collect the details provided by you on registration to our site together with any information collated from areas you visit on our site, services used and purchase choices made through a safe secure environment.
The following information may be stored or collated by us:-
- Your email address, physical address, telephone number and other contact information.
- Transaction information based on your activities on the site which will include credit card details.
- Postage, billing and other information you provide to purchase or post an item.
- Dispute resolution, correspondence through the site, correspondence sent to us and feedback.
- Computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, information and statistics on advertising data, IP address, browser information and standard web log information.
Marketing to Third Parties
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. However, we may use your non personal information, along with non personal information of other users and information we collect from other companies (such as demographic data) in aggregate and disclose these to advertisers and other third parties.
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 you have the right to access the information that is held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, please write to us at the following address and enclose a cheque for £10 payable to "The Range" to cover administration costs:Customer Service Department, The Range, Tamar House, Thornbury Road, Estover, Plymouth, Devon. PL6 7PT.
Disclosure of your information
We reserve the right to disclose information to third parties in the certain exceptional circumstances. The list below in not exhaustive, and is designed to respect your privacy and our ability to keep our site free from anyone who attempts to carry out fraudulent or illegal activities.
Any case where we in good faith believe that the disclosure of such information is necessary to prevent financial loss, imminent physical harm, large property damage or to prevent/deter suspected illegal activity.
Any service provider who under contract provides elements of our services, or otherwise help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection or marketing activities).
Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information, or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using our communication service.
Law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties in response to a request for information (such as section 29 (3) Data Protection Act 1998) relating to a criminal investigation, alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you or any other eBay user to legal liability. The personal information we disclose may include your User ID and User ID history, name, city, county, telephone number, email address, fraud complaints and bidding and listing history or anything else that we deem relevant.
Our use of your information and Prefrences
Our primary purpose in collecting your personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and personal experience.
We may use information to:-
- Provide the services and customer support you request.
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems.
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce the Terms & conditions.
- Customise, measure, and improve our services and the site's content and layout.
- Tell you about our existing products and services and promotional offers based on your notification preferences, and Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
If you do not wish to recieve marketing communications from us, we ask that you amend your Change of Communication section on the My Accounts page. Please note that you cannot opt out of receiving administrative information that you need to know in order for us to provide you with our services.
Please note that there may be instances where it may be necessary for us to communicate with you, in any event, for administrative or operational reasons relating to our service.